Local Information

Children's Activities

Local, term time activities for children. 

Please contact [email protected] if you would like your event/weekly activity in West Horsley to be included on this page. 

Walks & Weather

Public Rights of Way in West Horsley 

For Surrey County Council Right of Way interactive map, please click here. 


Local Walks 

Jubilee Countryside Walks 

Sheepleas Countryside Walks 

Surrey Hills Countryside Walk



Flooding & Adverse weather

The Surrey Prepared Communications Toolkit for November, which focuses on different ways to Be Prepared for Adverse Weather is attached.

Community training events are available free of charge and at venues across the country. · 

If you would like any further information please email [email protected]


Local Health


Surrey Health and Wellbeing Board website provides links to a wealth of information where people can gain access to support and help. 

First Steps is an NHS service that provides free information, advice and support on mental health and emotional wellbeing for adults in Surrey. To contact First Steps, please phone their helpline on 0808 8010325 or email them. There is also information available on their website where you can download self-help booklets. First Steps also runs open workshops called Emotion Gyms on topics such as stress and low mood that anyone can attend.

Neighbourhood Connections & Living and Ageing well in the Horsleys

Neighbourhood Connections is a charity that operates from the Horsley Medical Centre providing individuals with signposting to services that they may benefit from.

The second edition of the Living and Ageing Well in the Horsleys has recently been produced and is being distributed to every address in East and West Horsley. This can also be accessed in digital format here.

 Power Cuts

If you have a power cut call 105 - a new, free service. 105 is a new number that you can call to report or get information about a power cut. It will put you through to your local electricity network operator - the company that manages the cables, wires and substations that bring electricity into homes and businesses in your area. Regardless of where your electricity comes from, if you live in England, Scotland or wales you can call the number for free. 

You can also call 105 if you spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put you, or someone else, in danger. If there's a serious immediate risk, call the emergency services too. To find out more, go to http://www.powercut105.com/ 

UK Power Networks still runs a Priority Services Register for your constituents who may be more vulnerable in a power cut e.g. older people, those dependent on medical equipment, parents of young children etc. To join, they can call 0800 1699970, email [email protected] or apply online at www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/priority

Click here to see the notices and information that Surrey County Council has asked us to communicate to residents.